Wanting to supply to Woolworths, but not sure what you need in order to comply with the Woolworths Supplier Excellence Program? We can help you with our expert knowledge of the Food Manufacturing Requirements Version 2.
We will ensure you have a simple, clear and structured HACCP Plan, concise and logical Quality Manual and we will conduct internal audits of your facility. We will be there to assist you in the lead up and during the audit.
We get our clients great audit scores so they start supplying to Woolworths in as little as 10 weeks.
What is Woolworths Supplier Excellence?
The WSE quality standard was developed by Woolworths after the Garibaldi small goods incident in South Australia in 1995. It was the first standard to be released in Australia by a major supermarket.
It relates to suppliers, who have been invited by Woolworths, in the following categories:
- Deli-style products
- Meal solutions
- Value-added produce
The latest version of the Woolworths standard, Food Manufacturing Requirements Version 2 was released in 2018.
Who uses the WSE standard?
Certification of the WSE standard is required by food businesses supplying to Woolworths. Direct fruit and vegetable suppliers are also required to be WSE certification. Indirect fruit and vegetable suppliers are required to have Freshcare certification.
How often are WQA audits?
Depending on prior performance, the Woolworths/WSE audits are 6 monthly. It is the responsibility of the vendor to book quality audits with the certification body and to maintain Woolworths/WSE certification.
QMS Audits Assistance and Consulting
QMS Audits can help you at every step of the way to prepare for Certification with Woolworths Supplier Excellence. We will work with you to ensure your Quality Management System is up to scratch. We will:
- Review and update, or write your HACCP Plan.
- Train your staff on HACCP Principles and Applications or give them a HACCP Refresher Course.
- Allergen Management Training using the VITAL Framework that will ensure your facility is monitoring allergen risks.
- Perform Internal Audits for you, or train your staff to complete thorough Internal Audits.
- Advise of corrective actions required, and help you to understand how to take these actions.
- Check your pest monitoring and prevention activities, ensuring they are up to standard.
- Ensure all your records are up-to-date and make it easy for your staff to maintain them.
- Offer you Food Defence and Food Fraud training, so you will know what to do in the case of an attack on your premises or when vetting your suppliers for their suitability.
- Help you to avoid foreign object contamination in your product.
- SQF Grade Excellence
- BRC Grade A minimum
- IFS Grade greater than 95%
- Industry Standard
- Practice Audit (COP)
- Production Focus
- Woolworths audit is usually continued with GFSI or Supplier Execllence Certification audit for convenience to reduce cost