- This event has passed.
Lead Auditor - Food Safety
Our Lead Auditor Program has been designed as a modular course, students can undertake each module separately or as one consecutive 5 day course. Internal Auditor – Food Safety (2 days) Lead Auditor Extension – Food Safety (3 days) There are basically two systems of recognition within Australia to become a Food Safety Auditor, State approved or Exemplar Global registered. QMS Audits is one of the few companies that is able to offer Lead Auditor and HACCP Training that is recognised by BOTH systems.
- Nationally accredited Units of Competency includes the following:
- FBPAUD4001 Assess compliance with food safety programs
- FBPAUD4002 Communicate & negotiate to conduct food safety audits
- FBPAUD4003 Conduct food safety audits (Conducted as a skills audit – separate charge for attendance on site, if required)
- FBPAUD4004 Identify, evaluate & control food safety hazards
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality Audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a Quality Audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a Quality Audit
- Exemplar Global recognition– our Exemplar Global recognition comes with 12 months of Exemplar Global Graduate Certification, including access to work styles assessment, webinars, events and other online resources.
Students will gain a practical understanding of the responsibilities of an auditor.
- Assess compliance with food safety programs
- Communicate and negotiate to conduct food safety audits
- Conduct food safety audits
- Identify, evaluate and control food safety hazards
There are a few other requirements which you will need to adhere to. It is recommended students conduct their own research for each type of audit they intend to conduct. For more information regarding this please see the following links:
Exemplar Global recognition, including for GFSI auditors:
- Food Safety Auditor:
- NFSA Food Safety Auditing:
- HACCP Practitioner:
- SQFI Auditors for SQF Standard:
For further explanation of the Exemplar Global Personal Certification Program, please email Suzi Gomesz - firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend you contact SQF, BRC and Freshcare directly to find out how to become an auditor and what their requirements are.
Department of Health – State by state:
In each state there is a series of approved auditors by the Department of Health. These auditors are used to conduct a range of compliance food safety auditors, for example in Victoria, these auditors conduct food safety audits on Class 1 facilities, such as childcare centres, hospitals and aged care facilities. It is recommended you contact each state to find out what the requirements are, however some information can be found on these websites. All of the requirements include the units of competency which we offer. What we have provided is to assist you with some of the research. Some examples of this can be found below.
- New South Wales:
- Western Australia (Please note the units quoted in the Western Australian handbook have been superseded by the units of competency that we are currently being offered).
You may also have to complete a skills audit as part of becoming an Exemplar Global auditor – depending on what scheme you are applying for. For QMS Audits to attend a skills audit, this is charged separately and is booked and paid for through Exemplar Global. There may be extra charges for travel.
Once all assessments are successfully completed, participants receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of
FBPAUD4001: Assess compliance with food safety programs
FBPAUD4002: Communicate and Negotiate to conduct food safety audits
FBPAUD4003: Conduct Food Safety Audits
FBPAUD4004: Identify, evaluate and control food safety hazards
BSBAUD501: Initiate a quality Audit
BSBAUD503: Lead a Quality Audit
BSBAUD504: Report on a Quality Audit
Issued by QMS Audits Training Pty Ltd (RTO No. 45344)
This course includes units approved under our Recognised Training Provider (RTP) certificate with Exemplar Global. Participants receive additional benefits from Exemplar Global including:
- One year Graduate certification
- Workplace Styles Assessment
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources
This course is suitable for people looking to become a Food Safety Auditor or extend their skills in quality assurance.
There are no pre-requisites. It is recommended that participants have a working knowledge of HACCP, food safety and the food standards code.
Internal Auditor - Food Safety
HACCP - Principles and Applications
Date: November 9 - November 13
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm AEDT
Where: Virtual Classroom, Australia
Normal price: $-
Sale price: $-